Since 1986 Gothenburg Convention Bureau has provided easy access to the local meeting industry and authorities, free of charge. By offering extensive knowledge and impartial advice we help meeting planners and incentive organisers to attract meetings to Gothenburg. Our aim is to help you on your way to a successful and inspiring event.
Follow us on Twitter for latest updates regarding the meeting destination Gothenburg and our work.
Our free services include:
- Information and advice; suggestions cover venues, social programme, technical visits, excursions and pre- and post-conference tours.
- Production of tenders and PR-materials.
- Site inspections for relevant decision makers.
- Preliminary reservations for meeting venues, accommodation and social venues. Bookings will be handed over, without commission, to the organiser of your choice.
- Introduction to local actors, local businesses and government agencies.
- A full range of promotional material; images, films, presentations and city facts provided for editorial and promotional use.
- Complimentary city information incl. city maps and tourist guides can be provided for all delegates. A smartphone city guide app can be integrated with your meeting app.
- Free publishing of your congress in our web calendar.
Gothenburg Convention Bureau is a member of the following networks and associations:
European Cities Marketing (ECM) provides a platform for convention and city marketing professionals to exchange knowledge, best practices and widen their network.
The Green Meeting Industry Council (GMIC) is dedicated to transforming the global meetings industry through sustainability. The non-profit organisation provides educational resources to planners, suppliers and venues seeking to meet the standards for sustainable meetings.
The International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) is a global community for the meetings industry. The association represents the main specialists in organising, transporting, and accommodating international meetings and events.
The Swedish Network of Convention Bureaus (SNCVB) promotes the Swedish meetings industry through joint projects and the exchange of knowledge.
EU CVB Network consists of seven convention bureaus represented by the cities of Florence, Gothenburg, Ljubljana, Lyon, Rotterdam, Salzburg and Valencia. The convention bureau network was formed with a strong belief that by working together and generously sharing knowledge, experiences and best practice, both destinations and clients will benefit.