Are you considering hosting a congress and inviting your colleagues from around the world to Gothenburg? Let it become a reality. We are happy to advise and support you in the process leading up to the decision on the meeting location. Completely free of charge.
Why Be a Meetings Ambassador?
There are many benefits to hosting a meeting:
- It puts your work and your research area in the spotlight.
- New contacts and strengthened networks can lead to new research collaborations and be valuable for your career.
- It highlights the competence and brand of your organisation and can lead to collaborations, investments, and improved recruitment opportunities.
- A meeting in the home area enables continuing education as more local colleagues can participate.
- It is an opportunity to create opinion, increase public knowledge about the topic, and contribute to development and policymaking.
- The meeting contributes to making Gothenburg more attractive.
What do you and your organisation want to achieve by hosting the meeting? Clear goals increase commitment, and it is easier to measure results.
Who Can Become a Meetings Ambassador?
The most important aspects are being passionate about your subject, having an extensive network, and a wish to bring your national and international colleagues to Gothenburg. Many meetings ambassadors are involved in national or international specialist or industry associations. They are often professors, researchers, engineers, doctors, and specialists.
Gothenburg Convention Bureau at Your Service
As a meetings ambassador, you represent the candidacy and use your network to communicate and establish the idea of locating the meeting in Gothenburg. We will help you with the rest, physical or a hybrid meeting alike.
We help you:
- analyse the conditions for a candidacy and schedule it.
- find the best solutions for the meeting.
- design tenders and presentation materials.
- coordinate a site visit for decision-makers.
- preliminary book premises and hotels.
- propose study visits, social programmes.
- propose activities aimed at the public.
- in contacts with official bodies and businesses.
- get in touch with meeting organisers.
- set goals for hosting the meeting and how they can be achieved and measured.
Testimonials of Meeting Ambassadors
In addition to the testimonials below, we are happy to put you in touch with an ambassador who can share their experiences of hosting meetings.