The Hybrid+ Method
Meeting and event organisers now face a transition, in which they need to adapt according to their target group and identify their new format. Hybrid+ is a three-step model for meeting and event organisers that want to take the next step towards a new, more digital format. This method should provide guidance when event arrangers plan and decide on a hybrid format. The idea is to take conditions, aims and objectives, target groups, the business model and technical opportunities as starting points.
What is Hybrid+?
- Advice and support for those meetings and events that show an interest in the hybrid format
- A method for taking the next step towards a new digital format
- Three steps that result in decision-making data and documentation for a project plan
- A knowledge-enhancing initiative in the transition towards the hybrid format
A three-step-model aiming to:
- Establish and analyse the target group’s desired effect
What should the target group’s various segments get out of the digital and physical formats?
- Build a new format
What should the experience be like for physical and digital participants? Analysing needs and creating an adapted format.
- Create content and technical solutions
How can we create interactive content with energy? Which platforms and technologies are needed?
The basic requirements for creating a successful digital format or hybrid format
To avoid misunderstandings and to create a good product that meets the client’s expectations, start with a brief that answers the following questions:
- What is the aim of the meeting/event?
- Is the digital element important, and what is its function?
- Is the aim met by offering customers a digital product in parallel?
Step 1: Target groups, aim, objective and budget
Firstly, answer the following questions:
- Do we know our target groups and what they want?
- Do we have a clear aim for the event/meeting and an objective?
- Do we have an overview budget, and do we know which risks we are prepared to take?
Step 2: The hybrid format
- Go through examples of different hybrid formats for inspiration
- Decide whether physical or digital participants – or both – should be prioritised in terms of the experience.
- Create your adapted hybrid format by going through our checklist.
Step 3: Think in new ways
Do we need to think in new ways to create a superior experience and interactivity? If yes, link up with content experts to create interesting content with energy and meet creative experts. If not, ask yourself if you need to create a cost-effective meeting/event with technology suppliers? If you do, Göteborg & Co can help to set up a specification of requirements and link up with suitable technology suppliers.
You have now created an adapted format!