A festival with international appeal that creates positive change and is relevant to everyoneGöteborgs Kulturkalas vision
A sustainable festival
Gothenburg’s Culture Festival aims to be more than just a festival, with the goal of contributing to and inspiring positive development both in the city and globally. The festival’s sustainability objectives encompass the three dimensions of sustainability: ecological, social, and economic.
Some of the examples in which Gothenburg Culture Festival works sustainable:
- Litter-Free Festival Site: The research project Retake with Chalmers Industrial Technology and the Culture Festival jointly transformed Bältespännarparken into a disposable-free festival site.
- The project ‘Verbalisera mera’, encouraging artists to become their own audio describers and include verbalisation in their stage language.
- Offering free rental bikes during the festival. In 2023, this was done in collaboration with Styr & Ställ.
- The Circular Event Clothing project, which was carried out together with Science Park Borås.
- An intensified focus on accessibility in close dialogue with the Accessibility Consultant at the Administration for Cultural Development VGR, National Organizations, Gothenburg City’s Administration for Functional Support, and Passalen.
- In collaboration with Gothenburg Opera, a Touch Tour was conducted where visually impaired individuals had the opportunity to explore the sets, instruments, and stage environment at the Opera.